Capocollo is made from the neck of the “Nero dei Nebrodi” pig, a refined and tasty artisan cured meat rich in veins and lard selected from the best cuts of pork. It is distinguished by the typical net shape of the outer part, characterized by a dark colour due to the seasoning and the added aromas. Pieces from 1 kg to 1.5 kg.
- 100% “Nero dei Nebrodi” pig meat
- Natural casing
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Chilli pepper
No added gluten.
- Salting: the meat, subjected to meticulous cleaning, is placed in tanks covered with layers of fine salt to acquire flavour. The meat is turned over every day in order to distribute the flavour evenly, until the next stage.
- Conservation: the product is packaged with elastic cords and special handkerchiefs for the drying process.
- Draining and drying: cured meats are hung vertically for days, in suitably ventilated spaces to drain excess liquids and prepare them for the next phase in the best possible hydration conditions.
- Seasoning: the capocollo is left to mature, always leaving the external temperature and humidity under control, for a period between 90 and 120 days.